Friday, February 1, 2008

girl gone wild, boy gone cold

Ahhhhhh. The elusive white spindle crib that escaped Owen just five days ago is now home to Ellie Mak. The nurse was able to quickly wean Eliot from her temperature-controlled isolette on Wednesday night, and by Thursday, she was kickin' it big girl style in her new crib.

The nurse tried to swaddle Owen and turn off his warming bed, but the little guy couldn't keep his temperature up again. Once he does though, the twins will be back together! They are so close to co-bedding, I can feel it.

Both babies are now up to full feedings (about 1 oz., 8 times a day), and are doing well on the nasal canula. Ellie's canula pressure was moved down from 4 litres to 3 yesterday, and Owen was moved from 2 to 1. That means the next step for little O is room air.

As of Thursday night, Owen weighed in at a whopping 4 lbs., 10 oz., and Ellie at 3 lbs. 12 oz.

Check out Ellie gone wild . . .


My beautiful new crib.


A new comfy mattress, pretty pink blanket. And look, mom and dad are here, too!


Woohoo! Look at me, look at me! I did it. I'm the best. I beat Owen to the crib!


I'm so worn out from woohooing . . .


Daddy is so proud of me.


Awake for 10 minutes, down for three hours.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Owen's reaction to Ellie's making it to the crib first . . .


4 comments:

Rachael M. said...

I don't know why, but Owen looks just like you, Kerrieann, in that picture. Could be that wild-eyed innocence that you have perfected ;-)

Those babies are getting huge! I'm going to have to start pumping iron so I can manage to hold them when you get them home!!!

Ellie kind of looks like she's doing a superbowl touchdown victory dance. LOL. Along those lines, I'll do a cheer for Owen.

"Hey, hey! Hey ho! hold that temp up Go Big O!"

PamZ said...

Oh, my I do not even know what to say. Just make sure you tell Owen and Ellie that there are prayers coming from Philadelphia!

Love to all of you.

Anonymous said...

THAT is awesome guys!!!!!!!!! Love Carissa, Gael and Jake xoxo

Rich Kresge said...

Sounds like Ellie and Owen are pounding on those ounces! Keep up the good work, stronger bigger babies fight off their struggles much better.

Eunice & Rich