Wednesday, January 30, 2008

hit me baby, one more time

Eliot is getting better. I love writing those words. Eliot is recovering beautifully. I love writing those too. Her antibiotics end today, which means tomorrow she won't have any IV's in her body for the first time since she was born. It's amazing that her feedings don't come pouring out of her like a water balloon stuck with a million tiny pins. You're almost needle-free, baby girl. Congratulations.

Owen is dealing with his infection well. Unfortunately, in addition to the positive blood test, his urine culture also came back positive. So not only is the little guy fighting off the same nasty infection that Ellie just recovered from, he is also now fighting a urinary tract infection. I was never a good math student, but I'm pretty sure that two positives make a negative in this case.

Different week, different kid, same infection + 1 UTI for good measure.

1 comment:

Rachael M. said...

It makes me VERY happy to hear that Ellie is on the mend. Now if Owen could just translate his competitive nature into Math scores instead of infections, he'd be on the right track...

See you soon!