Monday, April 7, 2008

so close

Since Eliot will be continuing her feeds through an NG tube (naso-gastric), Mike and I have to learn how to place one. I volunteered to stick a tube down Mike's nose and into his stomach, but it turns out we have to practice on Eliot.

I had my first attempt yesterday at an NG tube placement, and it was no problem. When I finished, I swear Elie looked at me as if to say, "Great job, mom. Now disconnect me from all these other wires, and let's get out of here."

If only.

In addition to mommy's day of playing nurse, sweet Elie passed her car seat test! We have a few minor things left on our discharge list, but her homecoming is close. I can feel it.

2 comments:

Rachael M. said...

Sweet! Your gonna have a house full of babies soon!!!!

Anonymous said...

We are so excited for you!! Axt family will soon be complete and maybe Northside can finally become a thing of the past!!